Elastic Machine Tapes up to 750mm
BEHAbelt is adding elastic machine tapes made of TPU to its diverse tape portfolio. Machine tapes have already been established on the market for many years and are often offered in green/black or blue/black versions with antistatic properties.
In addition to reinforced belt constructions, elastic versions are also used to adapt to application requirements.
What advantages and properties do the machine tapes offer?
- Consistent longitudinal flexibility (due to homogeneous belt connection without gluing, design as transverse splice possible)
- The tapes remain dimensionally stable after shrinkage despite the tape elasticity
- Reduced energy consumption due to high longitudinal flexibility and thus also lower motor and shaft loads
- Excellent bending properties and thus ideally suited for small pulley diameters
- High abrasion resistance and generally good chemical resistance
- Continuous belt colouring in black or blue, no two-colouring
- Continuous antistatic belt designs offer dissipation properties for antistatic charges on the upper and lower side of the belt.
- Adapted surface finish for gentle handling of the goods to be transported
- No tensioning devices are required, especially for the soft elastic versions, allowing for on-site installation and simpler machine design, thus saving costs
- Quick and easy joining of the butt joint by means of butt welding and thus also improved machine availability
Industries and Applications for Machine Tapes
Product overview of the Machine Tapes
All types of machine tapes are manufactured with a slightly rough surface (SR) and a fabric impression bottom side (FI).
The belt thicknesses are between 0.9 and 2.0 mm. Thus, the smallest possible recommended pulley diameter is 8mm.
Some belt types are made in the so-called 2-component process so that the hardness of the top and bottom sides can be different (e.g. for inclined conveying, more grip on the transport side and less on the running side).
All belt types are approved for direct contact with food. Most of them also offer antistatic properties.
Soft types (Shore 84A):
Center distances: short
Very good grip: yes
Belt speed: medium
Hard types (Shore 55D):
Center distances: long
Very good grip: no
Belt speed: fast
Welding technology for monolithic elastic Machine Tapes
Simple butt welding is enough: Elastic monolithic PU conveyor belts from BEHAbelt offer new fabrica- tion possibilities. Due to the lack of traction layers joining by finger welding is no longer necessary, as the monolithic belt has a homogeneous design – even in the weld seam.
Welding device HS400 & 800: The welding device HS from BEHAbelt is a simple, handy, reliable and cost-effective tool for butt splicing of monolithic belts (up to 800mm width).
BEHAbelt Welding device HS400 & 800
More conveyor belts and belt profiles from BEHAbelt
BEHAbelt specialises in the production of extruded PU belt profiles and calendered PU belts. Thanks to our own in-house tool construction and modern, flexible production facilities, we can also manufacture customised solutions quickly and cost-effectively.